[Dspace-general] DSpace and ENCompass

Harp, Jennifer L. harp at msmary.edu
Tue Nov 8 16:50:06 EST 2005

I'm wondering if anyone has used ENCompass and DSpace together?  I've
just started at a new university which is seeking to build digital
collections, however, the consortium has already subscribed to the
ENCompass software and each library must use the same preferences at
each location.  I've worked with DSpace before, and would like to begin
using DSpace for faculty papers and such.  Our system admin was curious
as to how DSpace and ENCompass might work together-i.e. could ENCompass
search the items found in a DSpace repository?  Has anyone done this or
something similar that would have some suggestions for me?

Thanks,

Jennifer

Jennifer Harp

Archivist & Records Manager

Mount St. Mary's Archives & Dept. of Special Collections

16300 Old Emmitsburg Pike

Mount St. Mary's University

Emmitsburg, MD 21727

301-447-5397