[Dspace-general] question for the list

MacKenzie Smith kenzie at MIT.EDU
Tue Jul 26 13:37:06 EDT 2005

Salve Andrea,

Thanks for this information, I didn't know about your service and it is
very interesting. We do intend to make a place on the wiki for service
providers like CILEA and BioMed Central to register information about
themselves, and possibly also private consultants who work with
institutions to help them bring up DSpace. I agree that this would be very
valuable for the community, and I promise we'll get to it very soon but
there are several other things in the queue to do first!

Thanks again,

MacKenzie

At 02:41 PM 7/26/2005 +0200, Andrea Bollini wrote:
>Hi,
>I would like to add that there is a support service for repositories in
>Italy as well. The AePIC Team (http://www.aepic.it) at CILEA provides
>housing, hosting, setup and configuration, consultancy, training for
>several e-publishing products, including DSpace. We also provide an
>Italian version of the software interface. Being non-profit, CILEA
>(http://www.cilea.it), a consortium of Italian universities providing ICT
>services, can provide these services at very limited costs.
>
>I think it would be useful to offer a page on DSpace site, maybe in the
>Wiki area, that lists information contacts worldwide for this kind of
>services. It could help to increase the spreading of DSpace, especially
>for those institutions that do not have enough technical resources or
>expertise to install and run it in-house.
>
>Best regards,
>Andrea Bollini
>
>Software Development AePIC - http://www.aepic.it
>(Academic e-Publishing Infrastructures)
>CILEA - Consorzio Interuniversitario per l'ICT
>Via R. Sanzio 4, I-20090 SEGRATE MI
>tel. +39 02 2699 5386

MacKenzie Smith
Associate Director for Technology