[Dspace-general] ETDs and Communities in DSpace

Margret Branschofsky margretb at MIT.EDU
Wed Jul 13 17:42:40 EDT 2005

Hi Scott,

The nice thing about DSpace is that you can have a thesis (or any item)
appear in more than one community and collection.  At MIT we have all the
theses together under the MIT Libraries community (in the thesis
sub-community), since that is the "owning" community (we are the curators
of the theses).  But we also have mapped each thesis to its degree-granting
department.  Take a look at http://dspace.mit.edu.

I don't think anyone will look for them in the Libraries community, but we
will be putting a pointer to that sub-community on the home page once we
have finished loading the bulk of our thesis collection.

Hope this helps,

Margret Branschofsky