[Dspace-general] spam alert

JQ Johnson jqj at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Mon Oct 20 13:30:53 EDT 2003

Our institutional spam filters have started to complain about mail to
dspace-general at mit.edu.  Here's the report for email I got just now:

 pts rule name              description
---- ---------------------- ------------------------------------------------
--
 1.9 WEIRD_PORT             URI: Uses non-standard port number for HTTP
 2.2 RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET RBL: Received via a relay in bl.spamcop.net

We'd be very appreciative if MIT could clean up the software on
melbourne-city-street.mit.edu to eliminate the potential for its use as an
open relay.  If that can be done, then it will disappear from the NJABL and
SPAMCOP blacklists.

JQ Johnson                      Office: 115F Knight Library
Academic Education Coordinator  mailto:jqj at darkwing.uoregon.edu
1299 University of Oregon       phone: 1-541-346-1746; -3485 fax
Eugene, OR  97403-1299          http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~jqj/