[Dspace-general] spam alert

MacKenzie Smith kenzie at MIT.EDU
Tue Oct 21 14:39:38 EDT 2003

Hi JQ,

dspace-general is using MIT's centrally managed listserv services
and mail relay, which are run by our central computer services group.
They've been working with AOL, spamcop, etc to demonstrate how
they're eliminating spam and to introduce smtp authentication. As
far as we know, spamcop should be removing MIT from their list soon.

Beyond this, there's not much we in the Libraries can do about it,
but if actual spam is becoming a problem then we'll convert the list
to a moderated one.

Thanks for the heads up,

MacKenzie/