[ASA-Official] Spring Re-recognition | SOLE Moratorium Feedback Form
jgiang at mit.edu
Fri May 20 12:25:01 EDT 2022
Dear Student Group Leaders,
Please read the following announcements carefully:
* Spring Re-recognition
* End-of-Semester Event Moratorium Feedback Form
The deadline for Spring Re-recognition is approaching. Both Step 1 and Step 2 as detailed below must be completed by May 20th at 11:59pm ET. Failure to complete these steps may result in fines, group suspension or group derecognition.
We recommend all groups check the Re-recognition Status Tracker <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19ihnE3yyx6a-vOShaMaht16F-cbnD4AiS0fmz6TGKY4/edit?usp=sharing> to ensure that they have completed both steps of the re-recognition process. The tracker will be updated periodically until the deadline. This is indicated by the “Re-recognition Complete” column having a green TRUE entry.
The ASA board would like to clarify some parts of the process for groups:
* Groups first recognized in the 2021-2022 academic year, Club Sports, FSILG groups and Student Governments are not required to complete the re-recognition process, and such groups are indicated in the tracker linked above. If your group does not fall into one of these categories, your group will be required to complete re-recognition. If you have reason to believe that your group should be exempt from re-recognition under these criteria, but this is not indicated in the tracker, please contact <asa-groups at mit.edu<mailto:asa-groups at mit.edu>>.
* In the Officer Response form, the question “Number of Alumni Members” refers to members of the club who are MIT alumni, not total number of former members. If you have interpreted the question as such, please email <asa-groups at mit.edu<mailto:asa-groups at mit.edu>> with an updated number, and edit your submission on Engage with the correct number.
* Only student (undergraduate and graduate) members may complete the Member Response form. Responses from non-students (staff, faculty, postdocs, community members, etc.) are considered invalid and will not be counted towards the five member requirement.
* A group will not be officially re-recognized until its constitution has been approved by the ASA board. Further to this, the ASA board may require groups to make edits to their uploaded constitutions to be in line with ASA constitution requirements.
Please read through and complete each of the following steps for your group.
Step 1 - Officer Response: The group president, or other officer, fills out the Engage form found here: <https://cglink.me/2cy/s198>.
The officer must confirm that the group will not discriminate following MIT’s non-discrimination policy, agree to the MA state anti-hazing laws, confirm and define their group membership, and upload a copy of their constitution, complete with a member removal clause.
If you are an officer of multiple groups, you will need to complete the form multiple times. Only one response per group is required.
If your group does not appear in the dropdown, and is required to complete re-recognition, please email <asa-groups at mit.edu<mailto:asa-groups at mit.edu>>.
Step 2 - Member Response: Distribute the following Engage form to your members, and have at least five MIT student members confirm their membership in your group by completing this form: <https://cglink.me/2cy/s201>.
Students that are members of multiple groups will need to complete the form individually for each club.
The deadline to complete both steps of this process is Friday, May 20th at 11:59 PM ET. Groups with late submissions will be penalized with fines unless late due to extenuating circumstances, and will be suspended and/or derecognized if re-recognition is not completed at all.
If you have questions about this process, please email <asa-groups at mit.edu<mailto:asa-groups at mit.edu>>.
Feedback on SOLE end-of-semester event moratorium
Have you been affected by SOLE’s end-of-semester event moratorium? Have you been unaffected? Either way, please give feedback on the policy so that we can advocate on your behalf if you want this changed or want this preserved:
Please feel free to email <asa-exec at mit.edu> with any requests, questions, or other inquiries.
The ASA Executive Board
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the asa-official