[ASA-Official] Orientation Midway | LEF/ARCADE Info
alextsao at mit.edu
Sat Aug 21 13:16:59 EDT 2021
Dear Student Group Leaders,
Please read the following announcements carefully:
* Activities Midway Sign-up Reminder
* Midway Policies
* Fall Funding - LEF/ARCADE
Orientation Midway Sign-up Reminder
This year's Fall Orientation Activities Midway will be held in Johnson Rink from 2:30-4:30 PM on Friday, September 3rd. If you want your group to take part in the Midway, fill out this form: <https://forms.gle/h4f4HAvJxjia9QXn8> by Sunday, August 22nd at 11:59pm. We will send out booth allocations and the rules by August 31st.
Please read the following policies carefully:
Sign-in and Setup
* Your group must sign in with the ASA when you arrive at the Midway.
* Groups can start check-in and setup as early as 1:30 PM.
* Groups must check in by 2:00 PM. Groups that are late may be fined $25 and will have to forfeit their table if there is a waitlist.
* For the Orientation Midway, ASA early returns must check in with the ASA, in addition to their group(s) checking in.
* If your group can no longer attend and/or perform at the Midway,please let us know via email at <asa-midway at mit.edu<mailto:asa-midway at mit.edu>> at least 24 hours in advance. Groups that cancel after that point may be fined $50.
* Groups that don't cancel by the time check-in starts will be fined up to $75.
* Limit members at booths - In an attempt to alleviate congestion at this year's midway, we are asking that groups limit the number of persons at each booth to 4. If your group has a half table, please limit your club membership to 2. The ASA will make exceptions for performing groups who are about to or have just performed.
* No external speakers - you may use laptop or other similarly quiet speakers. This is to address numerous extreme noise complaints, allow groups to be able to speak to interested individuals, and for performances to be heard. ASA Board members may ask you to reduce the volume or turn off sound on any speakers if it is causing problems for your neighbors or performances.
* Stay at/by your booth - no handing out flyers at the doorway, no blocking the entrance or aisles, etc.
* In order to keep walkways clear for fire safety reasons, groups are required to stay within arms' reach of their table at all points. Do not block any entrances or aisles or hand out flyers at the doorway. Non-compliance may result in a $50 fine.
* If your booth is not staffed at any point during that 2 hour period, your group may be fined up to $25.
* Groups that leave before the conclusion of the Midway without permission from the ASA will incur a $75 fine.
* Keep walkways clear at all times
* No additional furniture, tables, chairs, or large objects in aisles between booths at any time.
* If your group is bringing large items, doing demonstrations, or using electricity for anything other than laptops or other displays, make sure you review the safety guidelines at <https://ehs.mit.edu/site/content/types-events-activities-need-safety-plan>, and, if necessary, send a description of your activity to <safe-project at mit.edu> so they can suggest tips to improve safety.
* Due to the number of performing groups, each performer has up to 4min for their set.
* Any music used for your performance should be non-explicit and appropriately censored.
* You must submit your music to us by 10:00am EST on 9/2/21. Submission details will be sent to the relevant groups via email.
* General MIT COVID policies must be obeyed at all times
* Only MIT ID holders will be allowed into Johnson
* The building will be entered and exited at specific points
* You're only allowed to distribute food if it's prepackaged and you have to make sure nobody will eat it inside the building.
* There might be additional policies regarding singing and playing certain instruments - we will update this once we learn them
Fall Funding - LEF/ARCADE
Submit LEF/ARCADE Funding Requests at this link<https://cglink.me/2cy/s32> by September 8, with a late deadline of September 15.
The Large Event Fund (LEF) and the Assisting Recurring Cultural and Diversity Events (ARCADE) Fund are ways that you can get additional funding for events you hold that serve the broader MIT community! Read more about them here: https://asa.mit.edu/group-resources/funding-large-events
Please feel free to email <asa-exec at mit.edu> with any requests, questions, or other inquiries.
The ASA Executive Board
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the asa-official