[ASA-Official] Group re-recognition wrap-up | LEF/ARCADE | Event Guidelines Update
alextsao at mit.edu
Mon May 24 22:51:00 EDT 2021
Dear Student Group Leaders,
Please read the following announcements carefully:
* Group re-recognition wrap-up
* LEF/ARCADE summer cycle open, normal deadline extended
* ASA-Sponsored Event Guidelines Update
Group re-recognition late deadline
Thank you to all the groups who have completed the re-recognition process on time! Groups that did not complete part or all of the process should use the same forms (which has been reopened) to complete late re-recognition, in order to guarantee that they do not get derecognized or fined.
1. Step 1: Group president (or other officer) fills out the Engage form found here: <https://engage.mit.edu/submitter/form/start/484891>.
* The officer must confirm that they will not discriminate following MIT’s non-discrimination policy, agree to the MA state anti-hazing laws, and confirm and define their group membership, along with providing some logistical details.
* If you are the president of multiple groups, you will need to complete the form multiple times. Only one response per group is required.
2. Step 2: Distribute the following form to your members and have at least five MIT student members (including officers) confirm their membership in your group by filling out this form: <https://engage.mit.edu/submitter/form/start/484895>.
* Students that are members of multiple groups will need to fill out the form individually for each club.
* If you are having difficulty filling out the form multiple times, try copying the link into a new tab, or using an incognito window.
* If a group does not appear on the drop-down list, they do not need to have students confirm membership.
The late deadline to complete these steps is Saturday, May 29th at 11:59 PM ET.
If you have questions about the process, please reach out to <asa-groups at mit.edu<mailto:asa-groups at mit.edu>>.
LEF/ARCADE summer cycle open, normal deadline extended
If your group would like to hold a virtual event in the coming months that you believe satisfies the requirements for events that would normally be covered by the grants for on-campus events (http://asa.mit.edu/group-resources/funding-large-events), please fill out the application at: https://engage.mit.edu/submitter/form/start/478776. If you have any questions, please reach out to <asa-treasurer at mit.edu<mailto:asa-treasurer at mit.edu>> and we can discuss. We are happy to work with groups to fund their ideas for virtual events to support any way our campus can stay connected or groups can adapt to a virtual environment!
While the normal deadline was originally June 1, in light of finals and everything else happening, the normal deadline has been extended to June 15, with a late deadline of June 22.
ASA-Sponsored Event Guidelines Update
While the time before the end of the semester is waning, MIT has expanded its outdoor event guidelines to allow ASA groups to sponsor outdoor events in designated areas. For the specific guideline updates, please see the email sent out to all Engage members entitled, “ASA-Sponsored Event Guidelines Update” or read the guidelines at the following link: <https://studentlife.mit.edu/cac/w20outdoor-gatherings>
Please feel free to email <asa-exec at mit.edu<mailto:asa-exec at mit.edu>> with any requests, questions, or other inquiries.
The ASA Executive Board
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the asa-official