[ASA-Official] Switching away from Engage | Group Re-recognition
alextsao at mit.edu
Tue May 18 17:00:00 EDT 2021
Dear Student Group Leaders,
Please read the following announcements carefully:
* Engage platform change notification
* Group re-recognition due 5/21/21 11:59 PM ET
Engage platform change notification
This is a notice about an upcoming change in the platform MIT will use for student groups. You do not need to do anything.
MIT is changing platforms from Campus Labs, developer of the Engage platform, to CampusGroups, an entirely unrelated company with a different platform. All information will be automatically ported over, something the company has experience doing as other schools have made the same switch in the past. The CampusGroups platform will allow for greater integration and management of all aspects of your group in a single place, including events and ticketing, officer permissions, and re-recognition (read: automatically updating). We hope that by moving away from Engage and onto this new platform, we will be met with nothing but positives.
More information will follow in an email from the Division of Student Life (DSL), who are overseeing this transition, so keep your eyes peeled for that. If you don't miss the re-recognition deadline, this will not affect the current re-recognition cycle.
Group re-recognition responses due 5/21/21 11:59 PM ET
This is a reminder about the ongoing ASA re-recognition process. Please pay close attention to the details below.
Note: Groups newly recognized in the 2020-2021 school year, dorms, Club Sports, FSILG groups, and Panhellenic groups do NOT have to complete this process.
1. Step 1: Group president (or other officer) fills out the Engage form found here: <https://engage.mit.edu/submitter/form/start/484891>.
* The officer must confirm that they will not discriminate following MIT's non-discrimination policy, agree to the MA state anti-hazing laws, and confirm and define their group membership, along with providing some logistical details.
* If you are the president of multiple groups, you will need to complete the form multiple times. Only one response per group is required.
1. Step 2: Distribute the following form to your members and have at least five MIT student members confirm their membership in your group by filling out this form: <https://engage.mit.edu/submitter/form/start/484895>.
. Students that are members of multiple groups will need to fill out the form individually for each club.
a. If you are having difficulty filling out the form multiple times, try copying the link into a new tab, or using an incognito window.
b. If a group does not appear on the drop-down list, they do not need to have students confirm membership.
The deadline to complete these steps is Friday, May 21st at 11:59 PM ET. Clubs with late submissions will be penalized with fines unless late due to extenuating circumstances, and will be suspended and/or derecognized if the submission is not completed at all.
The link to check the status of your group's completion of re-recognition can be found linked at the bottom of his page: <http://asa.mit.edu/start-group/spring-re-recognition>. This will be updated every few days for the first week, and more frequently as we approach the deadline. If you have questions about the process, please reach out to <asa-groups at mit.edu>.
Please feel free to email <asa-exec at mit.edu> with any requests, questions, or other inquiries.
The ASA Executive Board
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the asa-official