[ASA-Official] CPW Midway | Discord Server | Join the ASA

Sabina Tontici sabina22 at mit.edu
Wed Mar 31 20:23:52 EDT 2021

Dear Student Group Leaders,

Please read the following announcements carefully:

>> CPW Midway Logistics and Sign-up

>> CP✱ Discord Server

>> Join the ASA!

CPW Midway Logistics and Sign up

The ASA CPW Midway is happening on Saturday, April 17th 1-3PM EDT. We will be using gather town - each group will get their own space, similar to getting a booth at the in person midway. In addition to that, we’ll have a space for showing recorded performances. If you want your group to take part in this year’s midway, please fill out this form: <https://engage.mit.edu/submitter/form/start/477194> by next Thrusday, April 8th at 11:59PM EDT.

CP✱ Discord Server

The admissions office has been working hard on a CP✱ Discord Server to help representatives of residences, ASA groups, and other formal entities, as well a select staff representatives, be helpful to the adMITs. SIPB has been working hard to help them set this up, including, crucially, a verification/validation process for MIT entities to nominate and credential their representatives.

Here is how this works: leaders (Presidents, CPW chairs, or equivalent) of ASA groups will fill out the form at <https://swoletim.mit.edu:444/form/> with the kerberos' of their designated representatives. Then, the form will then go into a database, which powers a bot. The bot will email the representatives for validation/confirmation and give them appropriate permissions on the server.

 Please note, the form is currently set to accept submissions but invites to the actual Discord server will come in a few days. Student Groups will be capped at 5 reps.

There is no requirement for students to already have a Discord account–new user are welcome. The confirmation email will include a link to a "Discord 101" document that will include a brief user's guide, an outline of community standards, etc. We hope this will help everyone feel comfortable in the space.

Please note, roles and entities listed on the sign-up form are pulled from MIT listservs so if you do not see your group or entity represented, please reach out to us and we can investigate.

Join the ASA!

At our upcoming GBM on April 5th, we will be electing the next ASA board! If you're interested in being an advocate for student needs and forging the path ahead for student life on campus, join the ASA! You can find information on all ASA positions here: <bit.ly/2vyu7ID>, and apply using this form if you are interested! <https://engage.mit.edu/submitter/form/start/473515>

We hope you are all doing well and staying safe; as always, please feel free to email <asa-exec at mit.edu> with any requests, questions, or other inquiries.

Sincerely,

The ASA Executive Board

<http://asa.mit.edu/about-asa/board-members>