[ASA-Official] LEF/ARCADE cycle delayed | Early returns update | Re-recognition wrap-up

Rebecca Mae Black rblack at mit.edu
Wed May 20 18:31:18 EDT 2020

Dear Student Group Leaders,

Please read the following announcements carefully:

  *   LEF/ARCADE summer cycle delayed
  *   Early returns update
  *   Group re-recognition wrap-up

LEF/ARCADE summer cycle delayed

This is the time when our LEF and ARCADE grant applications for the summer cycle would be opening. However, given the current circumstances and restrictions on events, we have decided to push back the start of the summer cycle by at least one month. Starting at the end of the month, we plan to periodically reevaluate whether we are ready to open the call for applications based on what types of events the potential Institute policies would allow. If your group would like to hold a virtual event in the coming months that you believe satisfies the requirements for our grants (see https://asa.mit.edu/lefarcade-descriptions-guidelines), reach out to us and we can discuss whether we can fund it: as written, the rules for the use of these funds explicitly states that they must be used for events on campus, but when campus is virtual at the moment, we are happy to work with groups to fund their ideas for virtual events to support any way our campus can stay connected or groups can adapt to a virtual environment.

If you have any questions or concerns about this decision, please reach out and let us know at <asa-exec at mit.edu<mailto:asa-exec at mit.edu>>.

Early returns update

To the best of our knowledge, the early returns process has been put on hold while the state of the fall semester is in flux, so we will not be opening up early returns applications as we normally would during this time. If the ASA receives an update that we can offer spots to students to return to on-campus housing early once decisions on the fall semester have been made, we will keep you updated via ASA Officials.

Group re-recognition wrap-up

Thank you to all the groups who have completed the re-recognition process on time! Groups that did not complete part or all of the process will receive an email from the ASA in the coming week with information about late submissions to maintain their recognized status and avoid associated fines. If you have questions about the process, please reach out to <asa-groups at mit.edu<mailto:asa-groups at mit.edu>>.

Please feel free to email <asa-exec at mit.edu> with any requests, questions, or other inquiries.

Sincerely,

The ASA Executive Board

<http://web.mit.edu/asa/about/board-members.html<https://owa.exchange.mit.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=yJZiAshjpbls53XEeUTtaeG7QyQZOrRww1ynwDsXIq7mEiCV5MHWCA..&URL=http%3a%2f%2fweb.mit.edu%2fasa%2fabout%2fboard-members.html>>