[ASA-Official] Virtual CPW Registration | CPW Event Submission | GBM Agenda | ASA Recruitment

Rebecca Mae Black rblack at mit.edu
Wed Apr 8 18:01:21 EDT 2020

Dear Student Group Leaders,

There is a lot of logistical information in this email: please take the time to read it carefully!

-> Virtual CPW Registration due 4/12/20 11:59PM ET

-> CPW Event Submission Form

-> Agenda for GBM 4/15/20, 5:30-7:30 PM ET

-> The ASA is recruiting!!!

//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

Virtual CPW Registration due 4/12/20 11:59PM ET, Midway on 4/19/20 1-3PM ET

We’re excited to report that the virtual CPW Midway website that TechX DevOps have been developing with ASA, SOLE, and Admissions is starting to take shape! It will be paired with concurrent Zoom calls for any interested group occurring from 1-3 PM ET on Sunday, April 19th: these Zoom calls will be linked on the virtual website, allowing admitted students to jump from conversation to conversation like they would in a real Midway. The website itself will be up for the entire month for admitted students to explore student life on campus and record which groups they would like to be connected with if they do decide to attend MIT.

To take part in this website and/or the Zoom calls, you must fill out the following form by this Sunday, April 12th at 11:59 PM ET. Because of the short timeline to develop the website, troubleshoot the site and groups’ access to their pages, and put together all of the Zoom calls, we will not be accepting late submissions except under extremely extenuating circumstances. This form will be used to collect your exec email list that will allow authentication to access your group’s page on the website, as well as populating your basic information blurb about your group and web links you would like to include. Once the website is ready next week (we are still in development and don’t have an exact date at the moment), you will be able to access your group’s page and edit your information and upload more media like pictures or videos to display, so please keep any blurbs or links that you have on hand in case something gets mixed up and you need to add those manually.

Here is the link to the form: <https://engage.mit.edu/submitter/form/start/399622>

If you have any issues with the form or your group is not on the list and you believe you should still attend, please email us at <asa-exec at mit.edu<mailto:asa-exec at mit.edu>>.

//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

CPW Event Submission Form

Admissions has released a form to submit any additional CPW events that any student group, residence hall, FSILG, or administrative office is putting on to add to their events calendar. You can find the form here: <https://forms.gle/4yAgJz3Znz4rLumx8>.

If you are planning an event but not in one of the categories listed above or have any other questions about this process, please contact <cpw at mitadmissions.org>.

//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

Agenda for General Body Meeting 4/15/20, 5:30-7:30PM ET

The agenda and Zoom link for next week’s General Body Meeting can be found here: <https://asa.mit.edu/sites/default/files/documents/ASA%20GBM%20Agenda%20SP20.pdf>.

As a reminder, the General Body Meeting will be the evening of April 15th from 5:30-7:30 PM ET. The same rules apply as for a normal GBM: all ASA groups must send one representative, but FSILGs, graduate dorms, and club sports may attend if they wish to but are not required to do so. One attendee may represent as many groups as they like, but each attendee can only exercise one vote.

We recognize that there will inevitably be groups that have no members who can attend: understanding how crazy life is right now, we’d like to avoid any situation where groups get penalized for not attending the GBM, so there will be a recording of the video and online make-up resources that should make it easy for no one to miss any information. However, important topics including SOLE’s relationship with student groups will be discussed and the new board will be elected, so it’s still important that you make an effort to attend the meeting. If you are interested in joining the ASA but can’t attend the meeting in person for any reason, please reach out and we can coordinate preparing a statement so you can take part in the elections anyway!

The ASA is recruiting!!!

During the upcoming GBM, we will be electing the officer positions for our Board, and are actively recruiting anyone who is interested in joining the ASA at any level! This year will be a particularly challenging one as we enter a semester dealing with the personal, financial, and logistical impacts of COVID-19 on our campus community, and we want anyone who is interested in helping solve problems and supporting student groups through the next year to join us!

We will have space in all parts of our board -- any position (space, funding, groups, secretary, president!) could be filled by any interested student. You can find information on all positions on our board here: <bit.ly/2vyu7ID>, and apply using this form if you are interested! <https://engage.mit.edu/submitter/form/start/395752>

As always, email asa-exec at mit.edu<mailto:asa-exec at mit.edu> with any questions or concerns you have at this time.

Best regards,

The ASA Executive Board

http://asa.mit.edu/about-asa/board-members