[ASA-Official] [ASA Official] Virtual CPW Materials | GBM 4/15, 5:30 ET | ASA Recruitment | Lost revenue

Rebecca Mae Black rblack at mit.edu
Thu Apr 2 10:00:41 EDT 2020

Dear Student Group Leaders,

Please take note of the following announcements:

-> Virtual CPW Materials

-> GBM date 4/15/20, 5:30-7:30 PM ET

-> The ASA is recruiting!!!

-> Unrecoverable losses including future revenue

//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

Prepare your materials for a virtual CPW

The ASA has been working with the TechX DevOps team to build a virtual CPW Midway site, and next  week we will be soliciting materials from student groups to populate this site with as many groups as we can! We aren’t 100% sure what the exact final product will look like, but we will at bare minimum be asking for your group’s contact info and a short blurb. If you have media you’d like to represent your group, whether visual (ie. pictures or videos), audio, or web, start preparing that now! We’re hoping to design a site that allows each group to populate its own club’s information so we don’t have to do that all manually on our end: those logistics will be sent out as soon as we have the tool up and running.

We’re also planning how to manage each group having its own Zoom call on CPW weekend that this site would direct to on that day -- the current idea is to keep it at the same time as the normal Midway would be (1-3 PM ET on April 18th,) but those details are still being finalized. We recognize that no time will work for every student and every timezone, but we’d like the calls to happen all at once to keep that same feeling of walking through the Midway and hopping from one conversation to another. As well as asking for groups to send their contact information (and any media/web links if we end up needing to upload those from our end,) next week we will be asking for student volunteers to host a Zoom call for interested groups. Stay tuned!

Admissions is also actively seeking out ideas and input on how to virtualize the MIT experience for admitted students -- visit <https://community.mitcpw.org/> to see what they have planned and submit any ideas you have or events that you’re planning to do to get on the official schedule!

//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

General Body Meeting 4/15/20, 5:30-7:30 PM ET

Our updated General Body Meeting will be the evening of April 15th from 5:30-7:30 PM ET. We will send out an agenda including documents to review before the meeting and Zoom link at least one week before that date.

The same rules apply as for a normal GBM: FSILGs, graduate dorms, and club sports may attend if they wish to but are not required to do so. Groups are still required to send one member per group, but you may represent as many groups as you like, and each attendee can only exercise one vote.

We recognize that there will inevitably be groups that have no members who can attend: understanding how crazy life is right now, we’d like to avoid any situation where groups get penalized for not attending the GBM, so there will be online make-up resources that should make it easy for no one to miss any information. However, important topics including SOLE’s relationship with student groups will be discussed and the new board will be elected, so it’s still important that you make an effort to attend the meeting.

//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

The ASA is recruiting!!!

During the upcoming GBM, we will be electing the officer positions for our Board, and are actively recruiting anyone who is interested in joining the ASA at any level! This year will be a particularly challenging one as we enter a semester dealing with the personal, financial, and logistical impacts of COVID-19 on our campus community, and we want anyone who is interested in helping solve problems and supporting student groups through the next year to join us!

We will have space in all parts of our board -- any position (space, funding, groups, secretary, president!) could be filled by any interested party. You can find information on all positions on our board here: <bit.ly/2vyu7ID>, and apply using this form if you are interested! <https://engage.mit.edu/submitter/form/start/395752>

Unrecoverable losses including future revenue

We’ve heard that some groups have losses that the current unrecoverable loss form doesn’t explicitly have a category for, including expected revenue from events that won’t be happening any more. If that’s the case and you have any financial loss in any way that will cause your group to lose money, fill out the form anyway! <https://engage.mit.edu/submitter/form/start/393416>. If you lost money due to cancellations or budgeted for having money that you won’t be receiving any more, we want to know so we can support you.

This is also a reminder that this form is explicitly for ASA student groups, and not other MIT parties.

As always, email asa-exec at mit.edu<mailto:asa-exec at mit.edu> with any questions or concerns you have at this time.

Best regards,

The ASA Executive Board

http://asa.mit.edu/about-asa/board-members