[ASA-Official] CPW Midway booth assignments, CAC updates

Jiwon Kim jiwonk at mit.edu
Tue Apr 14 00:37:43 EDT 2015

Dear Student Group Leaders,

Please take note of the following announcements:

(1) ASA Activities Midway (CPW Midway) Booth Assignments in ROCKWELL
CAGE (4/18/15)
(2) Updates from CAC

---------------------------------------

(1) ASA Activities Midway (CPW Midway) Assignments

This year's CPW Activities Midway will be held in ROCKWELL CAGE from
1-3 PM on Saturday, April 18, 2015. A map and a full list of CPW
Midway table booth assignments can be found here:
<http://web.mit.edu/asa/publicity/midway.html>. If you would like to
sign up for the waitlist for a booth, you can do so by emailing
<asa-midway at mit.edu>.

Sign-in and setup: Your group must sign in with the ASA when you
arrive at the Midway. You may arrive to set up beginning at 12 PM, and
you must check in by 12:40 PM. Otherwise, your group will be fined $25
for a late check-in, and your table may be re-allocated to a group on
the waitlist. We will start re-allocating booths promptly at 12:40 PM,
so please be on time.

Canceling: If your group can no longer attend or perform at the
Midway, please let us know via email at <asa-midway at mit.edu> at least
24 hours in advance. Failure to cancel prior to 24 hours will result
in a $50 fine; failure to cancel by the start of check-in will result
in a $75 fine.

General setup: Please remember that no external speakers may be used
at the booths. The ASA board reserves the right to request that volume
be reduced or sound turned off if it becomes a problem for neighboring
groups or performances. For fire safety reasons, please remember to
stay at or by your booth at all times (within arms reach). Do not
block any entrances or aisles or hand out flyers at the doorway.
Violations of these rules may be cause for a fine of up to $50,
depending on the infraction. If your booth is not staffed at any point
during that 2 hour period, your group will be fined $25. Finally,
groups that leave before the conclusion of the Midway without
permission from the ASA will incur a $75 fine.

In addition, if your group is bringing large items, doing
demonstrations, or using electricity for anything other than laptops
or other displays, make sure you review the safety guidelines at
<https://ehs.mit.edu/site/content/types-events-activities-need-safety-plan>,
and, if necessary, send a description of your activity to
<safe-project at mit.edu> so they can suggest tips to improve safety.

Performers: Any music used for your performance should be non-explicit
and appropriately censored.  Due to the number of performing groups,
each performer has up to 5min for their set.

Please visit <http://web.mit.edu/asa/publicity/midway.html> for
complete details.

---------------------------------------

(2) Updates from CAC

Dear Event Planner:

We are pleased to announce an upgrade to our scheduling system.

Currently, planners must submit separate special space request forms
to the Campus Activities Complex for specific times of year:
Commencement, Summer, Orientation, and IAP.  We are now moving to
multiple virtual room request templates, so no more forms!  Everyone
will use the virtual scheduling system for all requests.

In CAC-DAPER Virtual Scheduling, you currently use a base template,
CAC-DAPER Room Request.  Starting Tuesday, April 7th at 9 am, we will
break apart this base template into the following room request
templates under the tab “Room Request”:

- CAC Spring 2015 Room Request (4/13/15 to 5/21/15)
- CAC Fall 2015 Room Request (9/9/15 to 1/3/16)
- CAC Spring 2016 Room Request (2/2/16 to 5/22/16)
- CAC Promotional Request (4/13/15 to 5/21/15 – on 5/1/15 will open
until 12/31/15) – for booths/tables/posters
- CAC Sandwich Board Request (4/13/15 to 5/21/15 – on 5/1/15 will open
until 12/31/15)
- DAPER Room Request (up to 3 months in advance)

Starting Monday, April 13th at 9 am, the additional following room
request templates will be available under the tab “Room Request”:

- CAC Summer 2015 Room Request (5/22/15 to 8/11/15)
- CAC Orientation 2015 Room Request (8/12/15 to 9/8/15)
- CAC IAP 2016 Room Request (1/4/16 to 2/1/16)

Just select the one that you want and the template will have text
indicating what dates it covers.
All your requests regardless of the template you choose will be in
your “View My Requests.”
Remember that this is a request system.  While most requests are
approved, not all are.
Please note that Orientation Requests may be submitted but will not be
reviewed until after Commencement.

Also, CAC Summer 2016 Room Request will not open up until 2016.

We hope that this improvement will make scheduling easier and more
straightforward.

Have questions?  Please contact us at <campus-activities at mit.edu> or
at 617-253-3913.

Please feel free to email <asa-exec at mit.edu> with any requests,