[ASA-Official] CPW Midway Booth Application; New ASA Executive Board; ASA Operating Guidelines Updates

Ben Kraft benkraft at mit.edu
Tue Mar 31 00:02:40 EDT 2015

Dear Student Group Leaders,

Please take note of the following announcements:

(1) ASA Activities Midway Booth Application (due 4/8/2015)

(2) 2015-2016 ASA Executive Board

(3) ASA Operating Guidelines Updates to Judicial Process

(4) Private Bulletin Board Space Fines and Extensions

(1) ASA Activities Midway Booth Application (due 4/8/2015)

The application for a booth at the CPW Activities Midway can be found at <
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1yl7ZjzKRyVXltRWb9e4hxUoWfRC7KsTH9UUtE0VFt_g/viewform>.
Applications are due on April 8th at 11:59 PM EDT. The Midway will take
place from 1-3PM on Saturday, April 18, 2014, during CPW.  Note that this
year’s Midway will be in *Rockwell Cage*, not in Johnson Track as usual.

For more information, see <http://web.mit.edu/asa/publicity/midway.html> or
email us at <asa-midway at mit.edu>.

(2) 2015-2016 ASA Executive Board

We are delighted to announce the ASA Executive Board for the upcoming year
has been elected. We are now transitioning to the new Board. The members
elected at the Spring General Body Meeting are:

President: Jiwon (Jenny) Kim (jiwonk) <asa-president at mit.edu>

Treasurer: Nichole Clarke (niclarke) <asa-treasurer at mit.edu>

Secretary: Qingqi (Jimmy) Zeng (jimmy42) <asa-secretary at mit.edu>

Undergraduate Members-at-Large: Ben Chan (benchan), Nancy Lu (nancylu)

(Please use the appropriate mailing lists to contact the ASA Executive
Board, and *not* their personal email addresses.)

Several elected positions were not filled at the GBM: we did not elect
either of the two Graduate Members-at-Large, nor the Student
Member-at-Large. If you are interested in either position, please email us
at <asa-elect at mit.edu>. If we are unable to fill these positions, many of
the Board’s functions, including group recognition, LEF/ARCADE allocations,
and the upcoming space allocations process will happen more slowly than
otherwise, so we do encourage you to join the Board.  The final two Board
members are the GSC and UA Representatives, who will be appointed by those
organizations.

(3) ASA Operating Guidelines Updates to Judicial Process

The ASA executive board recently voted to amend its Operating Guidelines <
http://web.mit.edu/asa/rules/pdf/ASA-Operating-Guidelines.pdf> to change
the judicial process to better match current ASA practice and changes in
other parts of MIT, including the changes to allow the Committee on
Discipline to hear cases against student groups.  Article V was
substantially rewritten to specify and clarify the process; we hope this
will streamline the process for future complaints against student groups
and make it more clear and fair to all parties.  A description of the new
process is available at <http://web.mit.edu/asa/rules/judicial-process.html
>.

(4) Private Bulletin Board Final Timeline

Because of spring break, the new deadline for all groups with private
bulletin board space to comply with all upkeep rules is Sunday April 5th at
midnight. Any group not occupying their space at that time will incur a fine
of $25 and have one more week to comply with rules before they automatically
forfeit their space. I will not accept excuses because the official
requirements are simple, and include covering the entire space and putting
your group’s name and contact information. While one beautiful, sleek, and
exact-dimensions poster is awesome, note that it is not required. Please
read the entirety of the requirements here <
http://web.mit.edu/asa/resources/bulletin-board-alloc.html>. It is
important that someone in your group be familiar with all of the policies.
They should be easy to read and understand. Please email any questions to
ass-postering at mit.edu.

Here again are the allocations <
http://web.mit.edu/asa/resources/bulletin-boards-2015-2016-final.pdf>.

I will follow up with groups with locked cases separately- if you’re in a
locked case, you don’t have to comply with this deadline.

Please feel free to email <asa-exec at mit.edu> with any requests, questions,
or other inquiries.

Sincerely,

The ASA Executive Board