[TCCM] Fall 2020 Thomistic Institute Reading Groups

Kevin Joseph Montes kmontes at mit.edu
Fri Sep 18 11:50:41 EDT 2020

Hi everyone,

I hope you all are doing well!

This semester, the MIT Thomistic Institute chapter has decided to organize reading groups for the TCC community. We will meet virtually via Zoom in small groups, and we hope this provides an opportunity for both Catholic intellectual formation and community building. Some ideas for suggested texts include a primer on the philosophy of Thomas Aquinas, a book on proofs for the existence of God, and some works by Popes John Paul II and Benedict XVI. If this sounds interesting to you, please let us know by completing the short survey below:

https://forms.gle/p3GMpEGhexd5jsVYA

We will organize these reading groups in lieu of our normal lecture series, though there may be an opportunity to invite the author of our chosen text to speak near the end of the semester. In the meantime, check out the TI website (https://thomisticinstitute.org/) where you can join their mailing list and participate in a variety of virtual opportunities for intellectual formation.

God bless,
- Kevin