[TCCM] Starting TODAY: Human Love in The Catholic Tradition [FREE FOOD]

Bridget Bohlin bohlin at mit.edu
Mon Jan 14 13:38:22 EST 2019

TCC would like to invite all of you to a course over IAP entitled: *Human
Love in The Catholic Tradition. *

Fr. Patrick Fiorillo, a chaplain at Harvard, will be giving four lectures
the week of 1/14 - 1/17: the first two lectures will be on Love and
Responsibility, the next on Theology of the Body, and the forth on Humane
Vitae.

These three works (in order): contrasts the utilitarian view of marriage
and sexual relations common in our culture with the full purpose of
marriage; discuss how the human body has a specific meaning which makes
visible an invisible reality; provides a beautiful and clear teaching about
God's plan for married love and the transmission of life.

Nearly every college student thinks about and is fascinated by love and the
nature of humans: this is evident by the popular culture that college
students consume. This course is a way to explore the love and human nature
that we are fascinated by, but *in it's actuality: *in the truth of The
Catholic Tradition.

I invite you to invite your friends to join you for this course. This
course would be especially helpful for those who are nominally open to
Christ but are unable to fully commit to relationship with Him especially
due to teachings on marriage and family. However, please feel free to
invite anyone else who you know would benefit!

*We will be providing dinner before each lecture at 6PM*, lecture will be
from 7 - 8:30, and we will have a reception to discuss the lecture after
each class. All of this will happen in PDR 1 & 2 on the third floor of the
Stud.

Please register by emailing: lisa.driscoll at focus.org .

For more information follow this link:
http://student.mit.edu/searchiap/iap-9289afec66a7664e0167d1207ce00fd8.html