[TCCM] Bulletin

Michael Teodros mteodros at mit.edu
Sun Jan 13 15:38:20 EST 2019

Hey friends!

Here is the bulletin (two days late ☹)<http://web.mit.edu/tcc/archives/public/bulletin/2019/bulletin.2019-1-13.pdf>

These are the contents of the bulletin:

·        Mass may be cancelled due to weather (pay attention to TCCM)

·        Weekday Masses will resume on Feburary 4th

·        Course on Human Love in the Catholic Tradition on the 14th – 17th

·        Workshop on Leading in a Socially Inclusive World on the 16th

·        Conference on Religion and Medicine at Harvard on the 18th

·        Weekly meals during IAP on Mondays

·        TCC Winter Retreat is February 15-17

·        Undergraduate Bible Studies will resume during IAP

·        IAP Grad Women’s Bible Study on Wednesdays

·        Join the Choir!

·        Do BBMSK!

·        “What do I live for?” discussion w/ food on Tuesdays

·        Men’s Chastity Group

More details below:

Winter Weather Closings: Whenever MIT closes, or whenever the roads are unsafe for Fr. Moloney to make it into campus, it is likely that Mass or other activities will be cancelled. To receive notice that Mass is cancelled, it is important that everyone subscribe to TCCM at mit.edu<mailto:TCCM at mit.edu>, our main mailing list. To add yourself to the list go to: http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/tccm.

Weekday Masses will resume on February 4.

IAP Course: Human Love in the Catholic Tradition: This is a week-long course focused on how the writings from Saints Pope Paul VI and John Paul II (in particular) provide principles for thinking about human love and sex. Fr. Patrick Fiorello, the undergraduate chaplain at Harvard and Spiritual Directory for Pure in Heart America, will be leading. Meets 6-8:30 pm, Monday -Thursday, Jan. 14-17. Dinner included. For more details, see http://student.mit.edu/iap/ns370.html. To register or ask questions, contact Lisa Driscoll, 720-938-7692, lisa.driscoll at focus.org<mailto:lisa.driscoll at focus.org>.

IAP Workshop: Leading in a Socially Inclusive World This is a one-day, six-hour workshop offering a simple framework based on Catholic Social Teaching to help students reflect about their calling and vocation as leaders, to enhance their personal engagement and responsibility to tangibly combat social and economic exclusion. It will be lead by Letty Garcia, Associate Director of the Leadership Initiative at the Harvard Business School, and Father Cristian Mendoza Ovando, Associate professor in the School of Church Communications at the Pontifical University of the Holy Cross in Rome and Resident Fellow at the Harvard Divinity School. More info and sign-up at http://bit.ly/LeadingSIW Wednesday, January 16, 10am-4:30pm.

Conference at Harvard: Religion and Medicine: Should they Mix? On Friday, January 18 at 6:30 pm at Harvard Medical School, there will be a dialogue between four speakers with differing views regarding what role (if any) religion should play in the practice of medicine. This event is free and open to the public and is cosponsored by the Thomistic Institute at Harvard, Veritas Forum, Harvard Medical School Center for Bioethics, and The Initiative on Health, Religion, and Spiritually at Harvard Medical School. For more details and to register, visit https://thomisticinstitute.org/events/religion-and-medicine-should-they-mix.

Weekly Meals during IAP will be served, free of charge, in the W11 Main Dining Room on Mondays from 5-7pm. Sponsored by ORSEL & Student Support and Wellbeing, with MIT Origins Club, whose members will prepare and serve the food.

TCC Winter Retreat: Save the date - February 15 - 17, 2019. TCC is planning the Winter Retreat at the Betania II Spiritual Life & Marian Center in Medway, MA. Space is limited. Keep the weekend free and watch for more details.

Bible Studies: Our undergraduate studies will resume during IAP. If you are staying on campus during IAP and are interested in participating in our Bible studies, please email focusmishes at mit.edu

IAP Grad Women’s Bible Study: 6.30pm, Wednesdays. For more details contact Grace Noel or Aileen Devlin (ghnoel at mit.edu or amdevlin at mit.edu).

Want to join the Choir? For details, visit bit.ly/mit-tcc-choir or email Piotr Suwara (suwara at mit.edu).

BBMSK (Back Bay Mobile Soup Kitchen):  We serve homeless communities in Back Bay and Cambridge giving out socks, sandwiches, and a friendly presence to folks we come across on the street. When? 6:00 PM on Tuesdays at W11 or 6:00 PM on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays in front of St. Clement's Shrine.  For more info, visit bbmsk.org

“What do I live for?”: Reflect on our daily experience and on our values/needs. Italian food will be provided! Tuesdays from 7pm to 8pm @ the Student Center, Private Dining Room #3. For more info: Elisa: elisap at mit.edu<mailto:elisap at mit.edu>

Integrity at MIT: Contact integrity at mit.edu for more information and times of weekly meetings.

Happy Feast of the Baptism of the Lord!
-Mike