[Tango-A] NA-E: Fernanda Ghi and Guillermo Merlo teach in Albany Nov.6, 7 (Albany Tango Society)

tango.info@albanytangosociety.org tango.info at albanytangosociety.org
Wed Oct 27 13:01:25 EDT 2010

Fernanda and Guillermo teach two days of tango intensives for Albany Tango Society on Saturday, November 6, and Sunday, November 7.
Albany Tango Society celebrates their Third Anniversary Milonga, with performances by Fernando and Guillermo.
All events held at Emma Willard School, in Troy, NY.

Schedule
Saturday
10:30-12:30 Power Tango, Part I.  Two hours of instruction.
2:00-5:30 Dynamic Tango, Part I.  Three hours of instruction with a break in the middle.
8:00-1:00 am Milonga, with performance by Fernanda and Guillermo

Sunday
10:00-11:00 Practica, all levels.
11:30-1:30 Power Tango, Part II. Two hours of instruction.
3:00-6:30 Dynamic Tango, Part II.  Three hours of instruction, with a break in the middle.
Also, one hour practica. Day and time to be determined.

Two Programs of instruction:
Power Tango (All Levels) Creating power from the fundamental elements.
                       Four hours of instruction, plus one hour practica. Limited to 40 participants.

	•	Sharing the dance
	•	The axis in rhythm, connection, and the embrace
	•	Compression and expansion
	•	Power in basic vocabulary: walks, crosses, ochos, turns
	•	tango musicality

Dynamic Tango (Intermediate/Advanced Level) Building dynamics into partnership.
                       Six hours of instruction, plus one hour practica. Limited to 40 participants.

	•	Dynamic Tango vocabulary using sacadas, hooks, sweeps, pauses, turns
	•	The dynamic axis
	•	Couple dynamics
	•	Dynamic use of compression and expansion
	•	Floor dynamics
	•	Dynamic use of tango music

PRICES
A. Advance registration prices - until Nov. 4
Two-Day Intensive Power Tango $90
Two-Day Intensive Dynamic Tango  $100
Two-Day Intensive Power Tango, with Milonga $105
Two-Day Intensive Dynamic Tango, with Milonga $115
Weekend Pass All Events $200

B. Package prices - after Nov. 4
Two-Day Intensive Power Tango, with Milonga $115
Two-Day Intensive Dynamic Tango, with Milonga $125
Weekend Pass All Events $220

C. A la cart prices - after Nov. 4
Two Day Intensive Power Tango $100
Two Day Intensive Dynamic Tango $110
One Day, Power Tango, Part I OR Part II (2 hours) $55
One Day, Dynamic Tango Part I OR Part II (3 hours) $60
Milonga $20

Location:
Emma Willard School
Lyon-Remington Hall
285 Pawling Ave. Troy, NY 12180

Private Lessons with Fernanda and Guillermo available by appointment.

Check out Fernanda and Guillermo on YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpjG66lIj3Q&feature=related

Contact:
Kevin Magee at AlbanyTangoSociety.org
518-266-9612