[Tango-A] NA-W: Daniel Trenner in Aspen, Colorado Thanksgiving Week

Bob Howard robert_howard at me.com
Fri Oct 15 21:06:22 EDT 2010

Thanks to Daniel Trenner TANGO WEEK
Aspen, CO
November 21-28th

Most Argentine Tango dancers would never have learned tango if it
wasn't for this Johnny Appleseed of Tango. He toured all over the
United States in the 90s and 2000s; starting dance communities in his
wake. He brought thousands of dancers to Buenos Aires for their first
tango tours while he documented and cataloged the great Argentine
tango stars we all revere today. He is THE tango anthropologist of
this generation. A dance student and teacher for over 30 years,
Daniel's teaching is not only witty and fun, but a culturally
educational experience.

For more information about Daniel, go to his website: www.danieltrenner.com
.

Aspen's tango community is pulling out all the bells and whistles for
this exciting event:

- LODGING
We have put together unbelievable $99 room rates on a holiday weekend
at the Aspen Meadows Resort, 970.925.4240, 845 Meadows Rd., Aspen, CO.
A limited amount of local host options are available, please contact
Heather Morrow about these.
- OPENING SKI-SLOPE WEEKEND http://www.aspensnowmass.com/onmountain/popup.cfm
  Thanksgiving Special:
with 7-day advance purchase, buy 2-days and get 3rd for free for $163.
Call 877-282-7736. We have scheduled classes to allow for skiers to
enjoy 1/2 day on the ski slopes.
- TANGO SHOE BOUTIQUE
Heather Morrow will have a tango shoe boutique for men and women with
six different brands from Argentina of dance and practice shoes.
- DJS
We will be showcasing our very own Bob Howard and Ana Belen who who
will play your favorite Golden Age tangos .
- LOCATION
The Red Brick Art Center 110 Hallam St., Aspen, CO and Rio Grande
Commons Center,  offer excellent floors and great sound systems and
are centrally located in our beautiful mountain town.
- FOOD
We will be serving Aspen's finest culinary cuisine for this humble yet
grand tango week.

THE SCHEDULE- Attached in pdf form.

Sunday, November 21st at the Aspen Red Brick Art Center, 110 Hallam
St., Aspen, CO
Package Price $40; $15 a la carte per person
All Levels

11-Noon: Registration and Warm-Up Practica

Noon-1:30 pm: Foundations for Everyone Part 1
Tango through the lens of it's Default Vocabulary. Basic movement and
Lead and Follow, the hardest part of Tango. Ease and efficiency with
this material underlay all the complex movement that follows.

1:45-3:15 pm: Foundations for Everyone Part 2 (continuation of Part 1)
Fundamentals of Tango's technique (Follower's Mind) and architecture
(Leader's Mind)

3:30-5 pm: Milonga and Waltz
Traditional perspective on the social Milonga and Vals. What you
should know before you dress up these dances with complex rhythms and
choreography.

Monday and Tuesday November 22-23rd-Private Lessons. Please contact
Heather Morrow asap to schedule as these are already being filled.

Wednesday, November 24th at the Aspen Red Brick Art Center, 110 Hallam
St., Aspen, CO
Package Price $25; A la carte = $25 for class & $10 for Guided Practica

7-9 pm: Tango from Zero
Daniel's Introduction to Tango Dancing is famous for being delightful
and making dancing possible for even the most doubtful beginners. This
is a great opportunity to give people new to Tango their first
experience. No partner needed. Complete novices welcome. For
experienced dancers, a take on how to pleasurably introduce newcomers
to tango.

9-11 pm: Guided Practica

Thursday, November 25th is Thanksgiving Holiday-ski, eat, sleep, play

Friday, November 26th- Rio Grande Commons Space
Package Price $25; A la carte = Lecture $15; Zero to Tango $15;
Welcome Milonga $15

4-5 pm Apres Ski Practica and Registration

5-6 pm Lecture and Demonstration
A History of Tango. Part 1 - Tango's Roots, its emergence in Argentine
Culture, its European travels and the Golden Years

6-7:30 Tango from Zero--A PERFECT INTRODUCTION TO TANGO FOR NON-
DANCERS AND NOVICES ALIKE
Daniel's Introduction to Tango Dancing is famous for being delightful
and making dancing possible for even the most doubtful beginners. This
is a great opportunity to give people new to Tango their first
experience. No partner needed. Complete novices welcome. For
experienced dancers, a take on how to pleasurably introduce newcomers
to tango.

7:30-11:30 pm: Welcome Milonga

Saturday, November 27th-Rio Grande Commons Space
Package Price $50; A la carte = Foundations $25; El Abrazo $15;
Milonga quick step $15; Grand Milonga $15

2:30-3 pm Warm-up and Registration

3-5 pm Foundations for Lead and Follow
What you need to know in order to do anything at all.

5:15-6:15 pm El Abrazo
The embrace - open, close and flexible

6:30-7:30 Milonga
the quick step of Tango

9-1 am Grand Milonga

Sunday, November 28th - Rio Grande Commons Space
Package Price $50 per couple; A la care = Architecture One is $20 per
person or $30 per couple; Architecture Two is $30 per couple

11-Noon Warm-Up and Registration

Noon-1:30 pm Tango Architecture One
'Chain Steps' and Alterations. Learn the history of the "cadena" or
"chain step" and how it became the starting point for the "alteration"
of Nuevo Tango. Culminating, with a complex sequence, breaking it
down, reversing, inversing, decorating the lead and follow.

2-3:30 pm Tango Architecture Two
Ganchos and Colgadas -- Comparing two generations of Tango Flash.
Culminating, with a complex sequence, breaking it down, reversing,
inversing, decorating the lead and follow and generally messing with
our tango minds.

FULL PACKAGE
SUNDAY-SUNDAY
Early Pre-Registration by November 1st
$125
by November 15th
$160

THANKSGIVING WEEKEND PACKAGE
FRIDAY-SUNDAY
Early Pre-Registration by November 1st
$75
By November 15th
$95

MILONGAS AND PRACTICA'S PACKAGE
Early Registration by November 15th
$25

HISTORY OF TANGO LECTURE & ZERO TO TANGO CLASS PACKAGE
$25

To Register, email me (Thanks to Daniel Trenner TANGO WEEK
[...]

To Register, email me (hjemorrow at gmail.com) and I'll send you a pdf
registration and program description. They have more details than
listed above. You may print them and mail the Registration part to me
with a personal check by November 15th at the latest. Please make
checks out to Heather Morrow and mail the Registration and check or
money order to Heather Morrow PO Box 4619, Aspen, CO 81612.  For
registering past November 15th, please email me your name and
intentions and give me money when you arrive at class during the
registration periods.

The Schedule is set, but changes may occur in the details. We may even
add another Lecture time.

I look forward to dancing with you!

Sincerely,
Heather Morrow