[Tango-A] SA: Dia Nacional del Tango en Buenos Aires

Janis Kenyon Jantango at feedback.net.ar
Sun Nov 18 10:02:18 EST 2007

There will be another rare opportunity to enter the building of Congress for
a special tango event in the main salon under the dome.  The national day of
tango commemorates the birthday of Carlos Gardel--December 11.

Friday, November 30, 2007
Reyes de la Noche
Dia Nacional del Tango
Homenaje a los Grandes Milongueros
Salon Azul del Senado de la Nacion
Hipolito Yrigoyen 1849  piso 1
19 hs.

Congressional representative Dr. Luis Francisco J. Cigogna is the invited
guest.

Tango in Congress had its first event on December 15, 2006.  The program
notes were as follows:

Music always has been one of the pillars of culture and an essential element
in the construction of a people's identity.  In our case, tango, the music
of Buenos Aires has transcended the limits of the city to represent us as an
ambassador to the world.  What better place that our National Congress to
host this manifestation of our popular art and give it the exposure that it
deserves.