[Tango-A] Tango Intensivo(tm) Sweden this July with Brian & Deb: Special Last-Minute Opening for ONE COUPLE!

Brian Dunn brian at danceoftheheart.com
Wed Jun 7 07:33:47 EDT 2006

Dear Tango Aficionados:

For the last three summers, Deb and I have been teaching and performing
Argentine Tango in Scandinavia (Denmark, Sweden, Finland).  This summer, we
are being invited back to a very special event that premiered last July.
The private "tango camp" will be held July 9-15.

TANGO IN THE PINES

Here's how it works: A group of couples (from Copenhagen and elsewhere in
Europe, age range 35-60) live together for a week in a rented private
campground/school on the shores of a small lake deep in the woods of Sweden,
a few hours drive from Copenhagen, Denmark.  The focus of the week is our
"Tango IntensivoT", a customized exploration of Argentine Tango structure,
partner connection and tango musicality suitable for all styles of tango. We
offer two classes a day for the group during the week, host guided practicas
and discussions each evening, and host a milonga at the end of the week.

Tango lessons are delivered in English.

INTIMATE GROUP, LIMITED ACCESS

Accommodations are comfortable dormitory-type
No-Maid-Service-Help-Yourself-style housing facilities.  Each couple takes
turns cooking for the group (breakfast or dinner) in the school's very ample
kitchen facilities. (The food was EXCELLENT last year, as each couple sought
to provide that little something extra).

The enrollment is strictly limited to 10 couples by the size of the
facility, since everyone sleeps in the dormitory-style school facilities.
The location provides a sweet sense of natural serenity and relaxing
privacy.  While the camp/school is relatively remote, civilization is close
enough at hand to provide any emergency-related services without
inconvenience.

The students are a charming, educated, sophisticated, interesting bunch.  In
our classes and late-night discussions, we covered the gamut of tango
topics, from the theoretical to the deeply personal, in ways sometimes hard
to do in traditional milonga- or class-oriented settings

If this sounds interesting to you, the organizer has informed us that we're
in a position to invite ONE ADDITIONAL COUPLE before the space is filled.

COSTS and SPECIAL ARRANGEMENTS

The projected cost per couple is EU 490.00 (approximately $632.00).  Because
final costs are based on the expenses each couple spends on food for the
group, there is a final tally at the end.  Our very experienced organizer
reports that the projected cost is always very close to the final amount. We
would need confirmation and payment in full by June 14th. Of course, your
flight, ground transportation, and other lodging arrangements are your own
responsibility.  Most people are traveling by car from Copenhagen, but other
arrangements are possible.  We can help you with directions once you've got
a base in Copenhagen or southern Sweden.

Our experience last year suggests that socially adept, fun-loving couples
might find our backwoods tango adventure very much to their liking.
Students were so enthusiastic at the end of last year's event that they
immediately nailed down dates for us to return this summer.

GRASS-ROOTS WORD-OF-MOUTH MARKETING

This event was not generally advertised last year.  The organizer contacted
couples he thought would be interested, then asked them if they know of
other couples who would find the concept appealing, and who THEY would enjoy
having as company on such a trip.  With two rounds of such solicitations,
the group was filled.

This isn't exactly a "first come first served" fire-sale kind of offer.
There was a special bond and convivial atmosphere in our party that proved
heartwarmingly satisfying last year.  As a result, we need to get to know
you a little bit, and feel comfortable recommending you to the rest of the
group.  So if you think this sounds like your kind of event, please contact
us as soon as possible so we can begin the "get-to-know-you" thing.  No
guarantees - the organizer may still find another couple from his own
contacts.  But if you're going to be in Europe anyway at that time, maybe
it's meant to be???

Please contact us by return mail or at 303-938-0716 to express your interest
in joining us.

All the best,

Brian Dunn and Deborah Sclar

Dance of the Heart

775 Pleasant Street

Boulder, Colorado 80302 USA

www.danceoftheheart.com <http://www.danceoftheheart.com/>

"Building a Better World, One Tango at a Time"