[QIP-Sem] MIT Quantum Information Processing Seminar Reminder

QIP-Sem Mailing List qip-sem-own at MIT.EDU
Mon Mar 29 10:06:34 EST 2004

This week's MIT QIP seminar will take place on Monday, Mar. 29 at
16:00 in 4-237, and features:

A Photonic Toolbox for Quantum Information Processing

by Franco Wong (MIT Research Laboratory of Electronics)

ABSTRACT

Photonics is a key quantum information technology area for
applications ranging from quantum communication to quantum
computation. I will describe some of the photonic resources we are
assembling at MIT: high-flux sources of entangled photons,
quantum-state frequency translation, and single-photon two-qubit
quantum logic gates.

Next week: Ignacio Cirac from the Max Planck Institute for Quantum
Optics will be giving a talk at 16:00 hours on Monday April 5th.