[OWW-SC] fyi: wysiwywiki...

Julius B. Lucks julius at younglucks.com
Fri Nov 16 12:24:08 EST 2007

Though not ideal, some of these issues can be solved 'socially'
through proper documentation to the effect that we are providing this
WYSIWYG editor, but some features need manual work arounds for now.
It seems like it is a good solution for the very basic editing tasks,
and thereby might enable a significant fraction of the community that
at present does not edit because of a technology barrier.  More
advanced editing might have to be done by those willing to learn wiki
syntax, etc.  Obviously a stop-gap solution while we can work on
fixes etc.

I still think it is a good idea for a few people to use it
exclusively for a bit and see what happens.  Maybe they can formalize
a bug reporting process that OWW users can use to provide feedback
when it gets rolled out.

Cheers,

Julius