[OWW-SC] EditTools helper enabled (Greek characters, etc).

Bill F bill.altmail at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 00:50:01 EST 2007

Steve,

Please let me know what you think about the way 'talk' feels. As I
mentioned earlier, we can change it back in a flash. I thought it
would be good to try it out rather than imagine what it would be like.

As far as the nature of commenting on a page, Wikipedia has been
pushing for a more structured buletin-board-like format for them. I
haven't seen a date for the inclusion of the current solution, 'liquid
threads' (I think...).

Threaded discussions make a lot of sense for containing a conversation
between users. There are several different gorum applicaions with deep
links to MediaWiki. Let me see how the linking re: talk/discussion
pages are implemented. If any make sense (and actually add value),
I'll let you folks know. I'll let you know even if they don't make
sense for that matter.

I personally find any well-commented web page a bit confusing. You
have to hunt for data. One advantage is that at least all of the
comments are full-text indexed. Presumably this is one of the features
that is making the implementation of the native threaded discussions
within MediaWiki complicated.

Thanks.

Bill.