[OWW-SC] E. coli Wiki

Sri Kosuri skosuri at MIT.EDU
Mon Mar 5 12:54:49 EST 2007

> From a technical point of view, would it be possible to offer to bio-wikis
> a way to combine their own user management with the ability to also
> authenticate against an OWW OpenID server ?
> If it is possible, at the end of the day, the only thing you need to
> convince them is that by default they would trust OWW users.

Yes,

Currently, with the private wiki test, the admins of the private wikis can
grant access to whichever OWW users they care to give access to.  It's
already been implemented.

We should definitely continue to approach other wikis, but there are many
community annotation wikis that will pop up over the next year or so...
E. coli -> as mentioned
SGD (yeast) -> moving community efforts to wiki
Myxo -> already have community annotation wiki

So, we'll see where everything leads... but it seems like a good idea to be
offering the service already.

Sri