[OWW-SC] how to reference properly on OWW

Martin Jambon martin_jambon at emailuser.net
Fri Sep 22 20:05:40 EDT 2006

Let me summarize what I don't like in Cite:

* the numbers used for the references are incredibly small (unreadable and
  unclickable)
* inserting a full citation in the middle of the text is a horrible
  practice (has anyone heard of bibtex?)
* support for PMIDs is limited to creating an (ugly) external link to the
  (hopefully) corresponding abstract

> I'm using biblio, but using <cite> would make us compatible with wikipedia.

Mmmm, do you plan on forking Wikipedia articles?

> It also has a few nice features, like an arrow in the references which
> allows you to jump back to the point that it was referenced.

Granted, but it's a mess when a ref is cited more than once. And it's only
useful when you start by reading the references, because if you just want
to come back to the section of the article where you come from, you can
use your browser's back button.
I know, it's a lame excuse for not implementing it Biblio, but so far it
seems to me only like a theoretical advantage.

Martin

--
Martin Jambon, PhD
http://martin.jambon.free.fr