[OWW-SC] log-in cookie - can we set to never expire?

Austin Che austin at csail.mit.edu
Wed Sep 20 12:59:07 EDT 2006

> I'm always switching between wired/wireless/laptop/desktop.  I figure it is
> a security measure to prevent people sockpuppeting (pretending to be two
> people and having a discussion about an article on wikipedia)

    There's no problem with being logged in from multiple
    machines/different browsers. I just loaded up firefox on linux (a
    browser which I hardly use to look at oww) and it was still logged
    in to oww.

> however, I work that out to be ~38 hrs, not 1 month, but I'm not sure what
> OWW is set to?

    OWW is set to the default of 2592000 which is
    2592000s = 43200m = 720 h = 30 days = 1 month
    I'm not sure how you got 38 hours.

> If it's not cookies what else could it be?

    I'm not saying it's not cookies. I believe the cookie you care
    about is a cookie called openwetware token and check the
    expiration date on it.

    When you log in, are checking remember me? On firefox, a useful
    feature is to make it ask you every time a cookie is set and it'll
    tell you what's going on with cookies.

--
Austin Che           <austin at csail.mit.edu>          (617)253-5899