[OWW-SC] log-in cookie - can we set to never expire?

John Cumbers johncumbers at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 12:08:08 EDT 2006

Any other ideas what this problem is caused by then, I think it is a huge
usability issue, as 1) people forget their passwords, 2) it asks you to
log-in for the page you want to edit, and then redirects you to another
page, causing you to have to hit the back button to find the page you want.
I'm always switching between wired/wireless/laptop/desktop.  I figure it is
a security measure to prevent people sockpuppeting (pretending to be two
people and having a discussion about an article on wikipedia)

It drives me mad, let alone the technophobes who I try to wikify..  I have
the same problem on all installations.

however, I work that out to be ~38 hrs, not 1 month, but I'm not sure what
OWW is set to?

If it's not cookies what else could it be?
cheers,
john

--
John Cumbers,  Graduate Student in Computational Biology
Brown University, Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Box G-W