[OWW-SC] Vector with LoxP sites flanking one/two antibiotic markersfor e.coli

tk@csail.mit.edu tk at csail.mit.edu
Thu Sep 7 07:28:14 EDT 2006

You might want to look at the Invitrogen "Gateway" vectors, which use Cre-Lox
recombination for moving inserts among the plasmids in their vector series.

This is probably not the right place to be asking this question.  I don't know
if we have a good forum site (uh, why not, folks?), but I frequent the one at
www.protocol-online.org, and asking this question again in their molecular
biology forum would likely yield better answers.  I'd also be happy to discuss
the matter in private email.  Just a quick note -- some of the common lab
strains such as TOP10 and DH10B have rpsL genotypes.  It's also a common and
easy mutation.