[OWW-SC] Vector with LoxP sites flanking one/two antibiotic markers for e.coli

joseph borg acidmucin at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Sep 7 03:13:01 EDT 2006

Dear All,

  I am writing you to see whether there is anyone who is able to help me around.

  I am in need of a low-copy vector (1 to 2 per cell) which carries two antibiotic marker genes. (preferably one sensitive such rpsL, and one resistant such at Tetracycline, Chloramphenicol, etc.) and are FLANKED between two LoxP sites so as once i express Cre recombinase i get recombination between the lox sites and removal of the antibiotic sites. I have rpsL gene at the lab, also i have tetracycline. So even if the plasmid doesn';t carry any antibiotic genes, but has LoxP it would be o.k and i may move in with my construct by subcloning between the sites but that would entail more work... :)

  Anyone in a position to help? I would also be very happy, whoever wishes, to collaborate and explain better my underlying project.

  Thanks!

  Joseph

  Laboratory of Molecular Genetics
  Department of Physiology and Biochemistry
  Biomedical Science Building
  University of Malta
  Msida MSD06
  MALTA