[OWW-SC] Reddit Proposal for Thursday Discussion

Julius Lucks lucks at fas.harvard.edu
Tue Aug 8 20:34:17 EDT 2006

Hi all,

The publishing group has put together an idea to link up voting on
select pages of OWW.  As it stands, we would create a subreddit of
reddit.com devoted to OWW (openwetware.reddit.com), and link it with
the existing wiki.  As you can see on arxiv.reddit.com (a subreddit
that deals with scientific content - in this case the physics
preprint archive), the site consists of user posts that can be voted
and commented on.  We outline the idea on

http://openwetware.org/wiki/OpenWetWare:Publishing_group/Reddit_idea

We would like to start this as an experiment, with its impact on
normal users who do not want to participate minimal.  It will be
interesting to see how it evolves, perhaps into an alternative
publishing channel as we outline.  We would like to make a decision
by Thursday to proceed, but please start the discussion on the wiki now.

Cheers,

Julius, John, Jason (JJJ)

http://openwetware.org/wiki/User:Lucks