[OWW-SC] Funding Opportunities

Sri Kosuri skosuri at MIT.EDU
Tue Apr 25 03:24:34 EDT 2006

It may be worth thinking about the future funding opportunities for OWW.

I've started a new page with possible leads on funding for the future here:
http://openwetware.org/wiki/OpenWetWare:Funding

It's really preliminary, but I hope others can help fill it out.

Probably the most pressing deadline is for an NSF RFP that seems right up
our ally.
http://www.nsf.gov/funding/pgm_summ.jsp?pims_id=5444

It has the potential for long-term funding (up to 50-500k/year for up to 5
years), the RFP seems like its perfect for OWW, and the previously funded
things under the RFP are similar in scope.

I think we have a good chance to put together a pretty good application.
However, the deadline is July 10th, 2006 for this year... that is coming up
hard and fast.  We should decide very quickly on whether or not we should
apply.

Thanks,
Sri