[OWW-SC] Fwd: User Management System test drive

Sri Kosuri skosuri at MIT.EDU
Wed Apr 26 08:08:00 EDT 2006

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: George Ahunov <bellatrix1001 at gmail.com>
Date: Apr 26, 2006 12:00 AM
Subject: User Management System test drive
To: Sriram Kosuri <skosuri at mit.edu>, Jason Kelly <jasonk at mit.edu>, Alex
Mallet <amallet at mit.edu>, Ilya Sytchev <ilyas at mit.edu>

Hi guys,

I uploaded the user management system to http://dev.openwetware.org/ums/

You should notice a lot of changes from the previous version, I think it's
definitely ready for the launch. I used the current wiki database
(openwetwaredb) due to permission restrictions but a separate database would
probably be preferred in general. Everything is already setup for that.

Registration requests can be made via:
http://dev.openwetware.org/wiki/Signup

Play around and let me know what you think. There is a couple of new
features as well:

- Wiki based SignUp page
- Templates (you can add, edit, rename, delete) your own templates. When
approving registrations, select the template name or "none" if you don't
want to send an e-mail to the user. Individual e-mails can be edited by
clicking on the edit icon. Same applies if you are using the "Create New
User" link.
- New registrations notification (check out settings tab)
- E-mail headers (can be edited in the settings tab)

Let me know if you discover any bugs or have any comments for improvement.

Thanks,
George.