[mitreid-connect] OpenID connect client

Justin Richer jricher at mit.edu
Fri Jan 9 16:34:30 EST 2015

Getting OpenAM to issue refresh tokens is going to require configuration
on the OpenAM side, and I can't really help with that end of the
process. It *should* issue refresh tokens if the "offline_access" scope
is requested and approved, but I don't know for sure.

The MITREid Connect client library will take in a refresh token, but it
doesn't do anything with it. In fact, it doesn't use the access token at
all after the initial log in that fetches the user information.

With that in mind, what do you need the refresh token for? Getting a new
access token with a refresh token isn't going to tell you that the user
is still logged in. In fact, refresh tokens are designed specifically
for the case that the user isn't present anymore.

  -- Justin