[Mitai-announce] The Military Tribunals at Guantanamo: An Insider Perspective

Shankar Mukherji mukherji at MIT.EDU
Wed Apr 25 14:37:36 EDT 2007

Hi everyone,

Next Wednesday (5/2) we will be hosting one of the most high profile
lawyers working with detainees being held at Guantanamo Bay.  I'll send
out reminders to everyone who signed up to help with the tabling for the
event - meanwhile here are the details:

The Military Tribunals at Guantanamo: An Insider Perspective
Speaker: P. Sabin Willett
Date: Wednesday, 5/2/2007
Time: 7pm
Place: 6-120

Attorney P. Sabin Willett has worked for the past several years defending
a group of 8 Chinese Uighur detainees being held at the U.S. military
prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba as part of the war on terror. Mr. Willett
will be speaking about the case, and more generally about the challenge
the case poses to traditional American values of justice and human rights.
His work has been featured in such venues as the Washington Post and
Amnesty USA's Northeast Regional Conference.

Also here's an op-ed in the Washington Post penned by the speaker:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/11/13/AR2005111301061.html

I hope all of you can make it.

Shankar

Shankar Mukherji
Harvard University/Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Division of Health Science and Technology
Systems Biology Group, MIT Department of Physics
MIT 13-2013
Cambridge, MA  02139