[Mitai-announce] Next Amnesty mtg- Tuesday (5/1) 6pm

Kayvan kayvan at MIT.EDU
Tue Apr 24 15:08:17 EDT 2007

Hi all,

Next MIT Amnesty meeting is next Tuesday (May 1) at 6pm in 56-167
(http://whereis.mit.edu/map-jpg?mapterms=56-167&mapsearch=go).

Upcoming events:

1) Thurs, April 26 7pm in 6-120

Sand & Sorrow screening + expert panel:

-Director of the movie, Paul Freedman
-Co-chair of the Massachusetts Coalition to Save Darfur, Eric Cohen
-Deputy Director of Physicians for Human Rights, Susannah Sirkin
-Executive Director of the Responsible Endowments Coalition, Morgan Simon
-Author & founder of the Harvard Darfur Action Group, Bec Hamilton

2) Weds, May 2 at 7pm in 6-120

The Military Tribunals at Guantanamo Bay: an Insider Perspective with P.
Sabin Willett

Dr. Willett will speak of his and his clients' experience with the
military tribunals at Guantanamo and will share his thoughts about what
they mean in the context of America's historic commitments to justice
and human rights.

3) Thurs, May 3 at 630pm in 37-212

The Toxic Century: Bhopal & the Future of Green Chemistry

-Professor Ron Willey, Dept of Chemical Engineering Northeaster University
-Gary Cohen, executive director of the Environmental Health Fund
-Aquene Freechild, Environmental Health Fund & Coordinator for Students
fo Bhopal

**All these events can be found on our new & updated webiste:
web.mit.edu/amnesty**

Also make sure to check out our Bhopal photo exhibit in the lobby of
Stata all this week!

Best,
Kayvan