[Mitai-announce] 'Sand & Sorrow' movie screening 4/26

Kayvan kayvan at MIT.EDU
Thu Apr 19 23:56:29 EDT 2007

Hi all,

Great news, I received final confirmation for the sneak preview of the
new and yet un-released Darfur documentary, 'Sand & Sorrow' (narrated by
George Clooney):

When: 7-10pm, Thursday April 26
Where: Room 6-120
Cost: FREE
More info: web.mit.edu/amnesty

Plus, check out the panel for discussion after the movie:

-Director of the movie, Paul Freedman
-Co-chair of the Massachusetts Coalition to Save Darfur, Eric Cohen
-Deputy Director of Physicians for Human Rights, Susannah Sirkin
-Executive Director of the Responsible Endowments Coalition, Morgan Simon
-Author & founder of the Harvard Darfur Action Group, Bec Hamilton

Please mark your calendars, this will be an amazing event.

Best,
Kayvan
ps: email me if you can put up some posters around where you work or live...