[Macpartners] Problem with Mac OS X 10.3 Server permissions

Roger Donaghy rdonaghy at MIT.EDU
Fri Aug 11 16:49:52 EDT 2006

Hello. I'm having a problem with our office's Mac OS X 10.3.9 Server.
The issue is that users who are accessing the server from 10.4
clients cannot delete files at the top level of a share point, even
though the permissions on this file indicate that users do have read
and write privileges. These 10.4 clients can delete files located in
lower-level directories.

10.3 clients can delete files at the top level.

I found the following document at apple.com:

This article says that OS X 10.4.6 or later recognizes a "uchg" flag
on share points, which causes the share points to be read-only.
However, I tried logging into the share point using Terminal as
suggested, and the uchg flag is not present on the problematic
directories.

I have checked the Sharing settings for these folders and everything
looks correct.

Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Roger Donaghy
MIT News Office