[Macpartners] How safe/secure is 'Personal File Sharing' on Mac OS X?

vanni vanni at allegro.mit.edu
Thu Mar 25 21:22:28 EST 2004

I was NOT suggesting, that folks go off and use
"rsync" to move around Applications or other types of binary files.
(for that "psync" sync might do the trick ... but I am not even
suggesting that, since it would open up some other flames :-)

What I was suggesting was for "SHELL users" to use "rsync".
My guess was/is that a "SHELL user" at home cares most to save/share
files that do not have or need resource forks.
This is also why I was hinting about using Athena as a repository.

-vanni