[Macpartners] How safe/secure is 'Personal File Sharing' on Mac OS X?

Nicholas A Knouf nknouf at MIT.EDU
Thu Mar 25 20:42:55 EST 2004

The only problem with rsync is the lack of resource fork support on OS X.  There
is a fork of rsync called RsyncX that does have resource fork support, but I've
heard of problems with it.

Most OS X files don't use resource forks anymore, but some do and especially if
you're transferring pre-OS X files you'll have issues with losing resource
forks.

Nick