[Macpartners] Safari 1.2 and Personal X.509 Certificates

Roger A. Roach rar at MIT.EDU
Wed Feb 11 14:00:44 EST 2004

I was just trying to see if I could get certificates to work with Safari.

I tried to install certificates in Safari 1.2 according to the directions
(http://itinfo.mit.edu/article?id=6667) and it looked like the keychain was
installed, but when I try to access a secured page, I get the "Safari can't
open the page" message (because it could not establish a secure connection
to the server "web.mit.edu" when trying to download some MIT software, e.g.
Kerberos.)

Is it working for others?  Could I have done something to my configuration
to keep it from working?

Not urgent.  Just playing with it.

Roger