cygwin open ssh + kfw tips sought

Stuart Brown sabrown at MIT.EDU
Fri Feb 8 13:07:43 EST 2008

Hi,

I would like to use the cygwin Open SSH with MIT kfw.  Has anyone done
this, if so I would appreciate some tips.

My initial naive attempts have not worked yet, I am continuing to work
on it. But if anyone can share their experience it may save me some time.

In one place I found someone suggesting that OpenSSH on cygwin has to be
rebuilt with gssapi support, but this does not seem to be the case as it
does not complain about the gssapi options when I use them.

I am kind of curious about how Open SSH could find a gssapi provider (
ie kfw  ) on my box if it has not been specifically built with the lib
or import files and also worry about ABI compatibility. I have only a
dim knowledge of linking on windows.

klist shows I have tickets, but they don't seem to be getting used, ssh
is falling back to public key and passsword auth. I can post debugging
information if this is the correct list for this kind of query. If not I
would appreciate finding one that is.

Secure CRT or putty are not the answer for me. I am trying to solve a
problem of numerous console windows popping up when using an svn plugin
with eclipse and secure crt vsh. Open ssh offers master control
connections and I want to try that to see if I can knock out the
annoying windows popping up.

Thank you

--

Stuart Brown, Ph.D.