[Kfwdev] cvs/svn export vs checkout

Jeffrey Altman jaltman at secure-endpoints.com
Fri Apr 20 15:23:56 EDT 2007

Kevin Koch wrote:
> I like the idea and have merged changes from your bkw.pl and pass1-cfg.xml
> to my files.  But the directories will still be searched, since building the
> src zip doesn't know if CHECKOUT or EXPORT was specified.
The directories will still be searched but since the .svn and .cvs
directories won't exist there will be significantly less work to do.

I have completed a build using "export" and the output looks correct.
The overall build time building within athena.mit.edu from my cable
network was cut down from ten hours to three hours.   That is a major
improvement.

If you would commit the "export changes" and mark them for pull-up, we
can then ask Tom to pull-up the last script changes, and tag for
kfw-3_2_0-beta2.

I will then rebuild tonight and Tom can announce when he has time.

Thanks for the hard work.

Jeffrey Altman
Secure Endpoints Inc.