[Kfwdev] cvs/svn export vs checkout

Kevin Koch kpkoch at MIT.EDU
Fri Apr 20 15:47:09 EDT 2007

Hey, you can't argue with a 2/3 reduction in time.

I'm testing ...

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeffrey Altman [mailto:jaltman at secure-endpoints.com]
Kevin Koch wrote:
> I like the idea and have merged changes from your bkw.pl and pass1-cfg.xml
> to my files.  But the directories will still be searched, since building
> the src zip doesn't know if CHECKOUT or EXPORT was specified.
> The directories will still be searched but since the .svn and .cvs
> directories won't exist there will be significantly less work to do.

I have completed a build using "export" and the output looks correct.
The overall build time building within athena.mit.edu from my cable
network was cut down from ten hours to three hours.   That is a major
improvement.

If you would commit the "export changes" and mark them for pull-up, we
can then ask Tom to pull-up the last script changes, and tag for
kfw-3_2_0-beta2.

I will then rebuild tonight and Tom can announce when he has time.