[gwaMIT] Grad Workshop (3/15) - Building a talent pipeline: What it takes to recruit the next generation of engineers

gwaMIT gwamit at mit.edu
Wed Mar 8 14:18:52 EST 2023

Hello,

Would you kindly invite grad students to our workshop on March 15 focused on "Building a talent pipeline: What it takes to recruit the next generation of engineers." See workshop description and registration info below.

Best wishes,

Eileen

Eileen Milligan
Gordon-MIT Engineering Leadership Program
Student and Industry Relations Manager
emillign at mit.edu
35-433
617-253-4887
http://gelp.mit.edu

Building a talent pipeline: What it takes to recruit the next generation of engineers
Wednesday March 15 5-7pm in 32-124
Lead by James Magarian

This workshop will examine recent research on graduating university students' career choices and on the changing landscape of engineering recruiting in industry. We will review evidence from a career preferences experiment and will discuss preference themes that emerge among contemporary graduates as they contemplate choosing engineering and engineering-related jobs. An activity will enable participants to practice adjusting how jobs are designed and marketed based on lessons from the research findings. This workshop's goal is to equip future engineering leaders with an ability to recruit and hire diverse and talented university graduates to strengthen their engineering organizations.

PLEASE REGISTER HERE:  https://forms.gle/g2ucVoBwwSrqSn9D6

If you plan to complete all of our certificate requirements by the end of this semester, and would like to earn our certificate this coming May, then please email lstag at mit.edu<http://lstag@mit.edu> ASAP to let her know. She will send a form to complete and this will start our process toward creating and finalizing your individual certificate.