[GWAMIT] GWAMIT - Mini-newsletter 3/12/19

GWAMIT gwamit at mit.edu
Tue Mar 12 13:04:54 EDT 2019

Hello GW at MIT!
Hope you had a great weekend and are enjoying the (slightly) warmer weather! Here's a mini-newsletter as a reminder of our upcoming events and applications.

- The GW at MIT Board

GWAMIT APPLICATIONS
1. GW at MIT: Sign up to organize the 2019 GW at MIT Leadership Conference! (now!)
2. GW at MIT: Apply to be part of the Executive Board (Deadline is 3/15 at 11:59pm)

GWAMIT EVENTS
3. GW at MIT: #BalanceforBetter with Samira Seibaa! (March 13) - note location change
4. GW at MIT takes part in Random Acts of Kindness Week (March 13)
5. NE GWiSE Mentoring Survey (until March 15)
6. NE GWiSE Spring to Action (April 6) - RSVP now!

APPLICATIONS
1. GW at MIT: Sign up to organize the 2019 GWAMIT Leadership Conference!
Application: <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScit5FrANZGQ52zfBVjs4LcsjaNqVYvuwUF7Jqlj3EttQBbPQ/viewform> link<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScit5FrANZGQ52zfBVjs4LcsjaNqVYvuwUF7Jqlj3EttQBbPQ/viewform>
We are currently accepting sign-ups to help plan our annual Leadership Conference, to be held during Spring semester 2019:

  *   2 Co-Chairs: Conference Co-Chairs lead the committee members, set the conference theme, and oversee all general planning of the conference.
  *   Event Leads: Each conference has 4-5 Event Leads who each spearhead a single event (either an invited speaker, a panel, a workshop, etc.).
  *   Committee Members: attend regular meetings, contribute to theme brainstorming, logistics, publicity, and volunteer during events.

Please note that the conference will be scheduled during the week of April 22nd, 2019.
Please contact the GWAMIT Executive Board at gwamit-exec at mit.edu<mailto:gwamit-exec at mit.edu> if you have any questions. We also encourage you to read more about previous conferences and events on our website<http://gwamit.mit.edu>. We look forward to working with you!

2. GW at MIT: Apply to be part of the executive board!
When: Through 3/15 at 11:59pm
Apply: here<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc6G-8vmcwaqonoKThsgKjQ4jIHCVjSaoDhVGfzxAJfaSw-kw/viewform>

Interested in being more involved in GWAMIT? Have you attended or helped plan a past GWAMIT activity, and would you like to become a member of the Executive Board? Would you like to be active in supporting graduate women and engaging with the Institute?

Apply now for a GWAMIT Executive Board position! Some of the positions will start immediately while others include shadowing this semester and then joining officially at the end of April. See the application for details on open positions. No prior experience with GWAMIT required!

Before applying, please take a look at our website (http://www.gwamit.org/), and email gwamit-exec at mit.edu<mailto:gwamit-exec at mit.edu> if you have any questions. Once you apply, email us to schedule a brief, 1:1 interview with a current Executive Board member.

EVENTS
3. GW at MIT: #BalanceforBetter with Nicole Liu and Samira Seibaa!
Come celebrate International Women’s Day (IWD) with GW at MIT! This year’s IWD theme is #Balanceforbetter - a balanced world is a better world.

GW at MIT has a great series lined up to celebrate this balance: by visiting local cafes spearheaded by women entrepreneurs and pastry chefs! Last week we met Nicole Liu, founder of Vester.

This week, we're going to Flour on Erie St! Come meet the pastry chef Samira Seibaa and learn about her day and journey with one of MIT’s favorite cafes. Tastings courtesy of GW at MIT!