[GWAMIT] GWAMIT Galentine's Day Event + Board Apps and NE GWiSE Mentorship Survey!

GWAMIT gwamit at mit.edu
Mon Feb 11 16:30:12 EST 2019

Hello GWAMIT!

Hope you had a great weekend! Below are some key things this week: our exec board applications are out, our Galentine's Day event is this Wednesday (note location change), and NE GWiSE has a survey on mentorship (fill out by March 1st). As always, reach out to us if you have any questions or any ideas for events!

Best,
GWAMIT Board
1. GW at MIT: Apply to the next GW at MIT Executive Board 2019!

When: Now!
Apply: here<https://goo.gl/forms/MkU1jsTEQp0nBRXy2>

Interested in being more involved in GWAMIT? Have you attended or helped plan a past GWAMIT activity, and would you like to become a member of the Executive Board? Would you like to be active in supporting graduate women and engaging with the Institute?

Apply now for a GWAMIT Executive Board position! Some of the positions will start immediately while others include shadowing this semester and then joining officially at the end of April. See the application for details on open positions. No prior experience with GWAMIT required!

Before applying, please take a look at our website (http://www.gwamit.org/), and email gwamit-exec at mit.edu<mailto:gwamit-exec at mit.edu?subject=Application%20GW%40MIT%20Exec%20Board> if you have any questions. Once you apply, email us to schedule a brief, 1:1 interview with a current Executive Board member.

2. GW at MIT: Galentine's Day!

When: February 13th, 2:30-4pm
Where: 56-030 (note change!)
RSVP:  here<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/galentines-day-with-gwmit-tickets-56012477829>

Welcome back GW at MIT! Join us for a creative and colorful Galentine’s Day celebration! We’ll have water marble nail decorating (fancyyy!) and cookie decorating (yumm) supplies, and coffee and hot chocolate of course!

This is a great opportunity to get to know our current board, and learn about our open positions. Bring your friends!

3. NE GWiSE: Mentorship Survey

When: Now until March 1st!
Survey Link:  here<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe7Z6VQzhjbTWNvC7X7dbuf1BbEhxCqYi2ID7uIClfTX84Vlw/viewform?usp=sf_link>

NE GWiSE officially has our Spring to Action planned for this year! Please join us on Saturday, April 6th at Harvard University for Roles and Relationships: A Summit on Mentorship in Grad School and Beyond. There will be more details about the day to follow. Ahead of Spring to Action, we’d like to hear from you about what your school currently offers! What do you know about mentorship programs at your school and what would you like to see change going forward? Please follow this link<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe7Z6VQzhjbTWNvC7X7dbuf1BbEhxCqYi2ID7uIClfTX84Vlw/viewform?usp=sf_link> to take our survey. We’ll use the responses to tailor the summit and provide better resources to make the event as useful as possible. Please fill it out by March 1st! We’ll see you soon!