[GWAMIT] Events happening soon!

GWAMIT gwamit at mit.edu
Tue Jun 12 23:59:36 EDT 2018

Hello GW at MIT!

There are many interesting events happening soon!
Some of them require to RSVP, so check them out below!

We hope to see you there :)

1.     GW at MIT RUNNING GROUP: Saturday Run & Coffee

When: Saturday, June 16. 9.30AM
Where: Meet at student center (alchemist statue).
Fb:   https://www.facebook.com/events/377294756094945/?active_tab=discussion
Details:

Join GWAMIT for a lovely Saturday morning run along the Charles! We will run approximately 3 miles and will make sure to run in groups or pairs to accommodate all levels. Coffee courtesy of GWAMIT after we finish.

2.     GW at MIT SALSA DANCING! Learn to Lead and Follow

When: Tuesday, June 19. 7-9PM.
Where: MIT W20-491
RSVP:  here<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/learn-to-lead-and-follow-salsa-dancing-tickets-45537096682?utm_source=eb_email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=new_event_email&utm_term=viewmyevent_button>
Details:

Join GWAMIT for a salsa dancing lesson at the Stratton Student Center, Tuesday, June 19th at 7 pm. Monika Avello and Yasmin Chau will teach us how to lead and follow to the rhythm of salsa! Come with or without a partner. Everyone is welcome!

3.     MIT POWER event: Career Paths - Dr. Charmaine Demanuele (Pfizer)

When: Tuesday, June 19. 3-4PM. Social hour 4-5PM with coffee, tea, cookies and fruit!
Where: MIT. Chipman room 6-104
RSVP:  https://goo.gl/forms/FTYoMDpN2VZkv2n82<https://goo.gl/forms/tUzZMsNF7CP8tz6b2>
Details:

POWER's professional career development seminars focus on the speaker's personal experiences, insights into their current work, as well as work-life integration issues. Dr. Demanuele will discuss what has contributed to her success, the challenges she has overcome, and advice for current postdocs. We hope that the interactions will assist postdocs in navigating their careers and will also help them build professional connections.

Speaker bio:

Dr. Demanuele received her B.Eng from University of Malta in Electrical Engineering in 2006.  She then pursued her doctoral studies at University of Southampton in Neural Engineering, Neural Science, and Psychology.  After completing her dissertation in 2010, she became a postdoctoral researcher at the Bernstein Center for Computational Neuroscience Heidelberg-Mannheim.  In 2013 she became a postdoctoral research fellow in Psychiatric Neuroimaging at Harvard Medical School. She was an Insight Health Data Science Fellow in 2016 and became a Data Scientist at Biogen.  She is now the Associate Director of Biostatistics, Early Clinical Development, Neuroscience at Pfizer.

Open to the entire MIT community.

4.     BCG: Coffee Chats, Lunch & Learn, Women's Breakfast

(specific to MD, PhD, JD and post-docs)

*        COFFEE CHATS:

When and where:
Kendall Square: June 27, July 20
Harvard Square: June 14, June 18, July 16
Longwood Area: June 22, July 12
RSVP:   here<http://bcg.avature.net/mailRedir.php?u=497815&code=bMp465Mcpome9ttgHaKRxVs4znCiyDyQ&link=14&transformedUrl=9ba1feb2976ce5682a34139c1ddd3e206983c34aa29d8ca45b9ac3dc18d6f195>
Details:

Meet with BCGers in small group settings to learn more about consulting, BCG, and full-time employment opportunities.  Locations vary by session.

*        LUNCH AND LEARNS:

When, where:
June 27, 12-1PM. MIT Campus.
RSVP: here<http://bcg.avature.net/mailRedir.php?u=497815&code=bMp465Mcpome9ttgHaKRxVs4znCiyDyQ&link=15&transformedUrl=1f52be1311958585009087d7dd3a702b9633dcaac368d0490b8111897adc3e1c>

July 12, 12-1PM. Harvard Medical School Longwood Campus.
RSVP: here<http://bcg.avature.net/mailRedir.php?u=497815&code=bMp465Mcpome9ttgHaKRxVs4znCiyDyQ&link=16&transformedUrl=9656a7dee7875ff695cfb4460fbd9912981f0fd42ae6eee7738c2e042d09c5dd>
Details:

We will be hosting two lunch and learns prior to the July deadline. This will be an opportunity for you to hear about the work we do and ask questions of consultants!

*        WOMEN'S BREAKFAST:

When: July 19, 9-10.30AM
Where: MIT Campus. Room 4-149.
RSVP:  here<http://bcg.avature.net/mailRedir.php?u=497815&code=bMp465Mcpome9ttgHaKRxVs4znCiyDyQ&link=17&transformedUrl=e95d6e9a5f35de7fe6ba3a20b245cb5bbe6884825d8ea5d9811aee71692bed69>
Details:

Please join us for a breakfast with BCG women to learn more about BCG and our Women at BCG network. This breakfast is open to women PhDs, JDs, MDs, medical residents, and post-docs from Harvard and MIT.