[ecco-support] Questions about differences among different ECCO products

范文蓝 fanwl57 at foxmail.com
Sun May 7 06:55:36 EDT 2023

Hi, support group,

I would like to collect Ocean Bottom Pressure (OBP) data for modelling crustal deformation, thanks to the various datasets you provide.

But the wide variety of products on the site (https://ecco-group.org/products.htm) confuses me. ECCOv4r4 is the most recent version, but only ECCO2 and ECCO-KFS have been updated to now. So I wonder what the main differences, especially for OBP, between these three. Are there differences in time resolution, method accuracy, or other aspects? In addition, which dataset is more recommended for modelling pressure-induced deformation?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Wenlan Fan